Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

98 mercury villager: The van sat..15 minutes..Sounds fine

'98 mercury villager/100k+ miles- The van sat for 8 months after we got a new one.Changed oil, started and let idle for 15 minutes. Sounds fine. Once I get driving and rpm's get above idle it sounds like the engine is starving for oil, as in there isn't enough in it. Within a minute or two the oil light comes on. Checked the oil and there is plenty of oil in there. Kinda like there is not any oil pressure. Is this a problem with the oil pump or is the screen in the bottom maybe clogged? Am I even looking in the right direction?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 years ago.

hi wisdom

the first thing to do is change the oil and filter....please use a nissan brand fiter for this

it is possable for the filter to have dried out and not let the oil pass through since it set so long.......if that dont fix it then it is also possable that the screen could be clogged..i hope this helped

thanks

PLEASE HIT THE ACCEPT BUTTON IF I HAVE HELPED .WE DONT GET OUR COMMISION UNLESS YOU DO EVEN THO YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID...THANKS