RCV AUTO REPAIR LLC
RCV AUTO REPAIR LLC, Mechanic
Experience:  21 years working on autos. 6 years for living .shop owner 2 years
8981592

I cannt get my hood open it 9 below out side what should i do

Customer Question

i cannt get my hood open it 9 below out side what should i do
Category: Car
Expert:  RCV AUTO REPAIR LLC replied 5 years ago.

hi maybe i can help you.is the hood covered in ice?you can try to pull the hood release then try to bang on the fount of the hood this sometimes will aid in it opening.the release might just be sticking.if still does not work i will try to assist you further.

if this info has helped you please hit the accept button.thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this didnt work is there anything else
hi when you pull on the hood release do you feel any resistance.should feel tight then get loose as it opperates the hood latch.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the latch fels released but nothing still happens
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what else can i do that still doesnt work what else can i do
ok this will take two people for this next step on person to keep working the release and the other to try to look and see if they can see the latch working.by looking either through the grill or from looking from under the car and up,to see if the latch is moving.let me know if this worked.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i just tried the 2 person and this didnt work ether any other things to trie
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the latch doesnt move to open what can i do

ok sounds like the cable or handle that opperates the latch is broken.if you can reach the latch from outside you should be able to see wear the cable attatches to the latch.you must try to use a screwdriver and pry to the side to opperate the latch,that should release the latch.once open then you can check the cable for proper opperation.or find what has broke.

if this info has helped please use the accept button. a deposit is not an accept.if you need any more help i will gladly help you thank you RAY.