brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

2002 Mazda 626: rotors..rear passenger side..disconnected..brake hose

I have a 2002 Mazda 626 which I replaced all the rotors and brakes. After bleeding the lines the rear passenger side does not have any fluid coming out. I disconnected the brake line from the brake hose and still no fluid. What is the block on the firewall that all the brake lines go into? Should I back track the brake line until I find where the clog is in the line. I have pressure on the other three brake calipers.
Category: Car
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.

Are you talking about this? If so it is the proportioning valve. If no fluid coming out of it then replace it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

which lines go to the rear brakes? would this porportioning valve cause for no fluid going to the back brake?

Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.
Not sure which one goes where as my pictures are not that good. You should be able to trace the line and see. This can cause the problem (if you have it in the system) as a valve inside can get stuck and not allow the fluid to go through.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I would like to ask you one more question. Can this valve be cleaned out or do I need to replace it.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.
No it is not serviceable and needs to be replaced.