Frank
Frank, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,25 with GM,14 ASE certifications,
1816887

One gallon of gas in my diesel tank..mechanic put..motor oil

An attendant put one gallon of gas in my diesel tank. It had about four gallons of diesel in it. After I stopped her the mechanic put a can of outboard motor oil in and filled the tank, another ten gallons, with diesel. That is where I am now. Will I have problems?
Category: Car
Expert:  Frank replied 7 years ago.
You need to drain the fuel tank asap-gas can cause problems since it is completely oposiste of gas and will cause problems.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is not much of an answer. Gas is opposite of gas? What problems?
Expert:  Frank replied 7 years ago.
Gosoline has NO lubricating qualityies and when used in a diesel- a diesel engine uses fuel under pressure that burns slowly under compression ignition-where gas in designed to be ignited by ignition and exploxe-that is why it would not run- adding oil to the tank will just make the fuel mixture thicher but you stil have the chemical make up of gas that is a solvent instaed of diesel that is closer to cooking oil and you injectors will gall and the pump will wear,