joshua ferrell
joshua ferrell, Mechanic
Experience:  10 years as a shop owner knowledgable in all aspects of auto repair
14438971

2003 Spectra: Kia..Car is 4cyl 1.4 Automatic..Engine oil..driven

Kia 2003 Spectra engine locked up. Car is 4cyl 1.4 Automatic. Engine oil changed 2 months ago and driven less than 400 miles. About a week prior, the engine started to shake when taken up to 60mph, but no knocks in engine. The timing belt was also missing, when towed to mechanic. Should I try to get engine rebuilt or by a new one or get rid of car altogether?
i professionally recommend buying a new engine or a used good engine you can get a good used engine for the price it would cost you to have a repair shop rebuild this engine for you so professionally speaking i would replace the engine with a used one or rebuilt one this is your best bet and just get rid of the engine that is locked up

thanks for using justanswer.com and remembr to always hit the accept button bonuses and positive feedback are always welcome and thanks again
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

About how much would it cost to take out the locked up engine and replace it with a "good" used engine? I live in NYC and mechanics here charge about $99/hr.

Thanks.

my shop i would charge bout 500.00 to take out and reinstall an engine
i charge 50.00 an hour though and roughly 10 hour job that complete and thorough engine swap
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Do you know or have any mechanic connections in NYC?

I DO KNOW ONE GOOD REPAIR SHOP GIVE ME A FEW MINUTES OK
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OK. Thanks.

<p>OK I LOST THAT NUMBER THERE NAME ISXXXXX THOUGH AND THEY ARE AWESOME MECHANICS AND THEY GIVE GREAT PRICES ON THERE WORK AND THERE WORK IS WARRANTIED ALSO HOPE THIS HAS HELPED YOU AND REMEMBER TO HIT THE ACCEPT BUTTON THANKS AND GOOD LUCK</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Laughing Thank you so much!
YOU ARE VERY WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK NEED ANY MORE HELP FEEL FREE TO ASK OK