joshua ferrell
joshua ferrell, Mechanic
Experience:  10 years as a shop owner knowledgable in all aspects of auto repair

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer: 55,000 miles..inspection..oil change..tire

My 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer has approx 55,000 miles. At a vehicle inspection (during oil change & tire rotation) several weeks ago I was told I need new front brakes because their performance was at only 5%. I was also told I need new front struts and one of the front struts was leaking. Two questions: How much should it cost to replace the front brakes? How much should it cost to replace the front struts & are there any "symptoms" I should be experiencing with a leaking strut? Thanks for your help!!
Category: Car
Expert:  joshua ferrell replied 5 years ago.
the total cost for your fronts bake and a struts replaced you are looking at around 60.00 for brakes and bout 175.00 for the struts i dont know of any symptoms i leaking strut would have it would have to be self inspected for this to be seen if the struts are totally out youwould noticeconsiderable andconstant bouncind in the front of the vehicle
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My estimate is as follows:

Front Brakes $ 53.94

Labor 118.96

Front Rotars 135.58

TOTAL ESTIMATE FOR FRONT BRAKES = $308.48

Front Struts $552.68

Labor 169.94

TOTAL ESTIMATE FOR FRONT STRUTS = $722.62

This is dramatically higher than the figures in your answer. Is the estimate I received way too high?????

<p>sorry i gave you a estimate of the front brake parts and struts labor i have come to the correct total for everything </p><p> </p><p>and it is total laborand parts</p><p> </p><p>863.42</p><p> </p><p>that is the figures i came up with for everything</p>
863.42 it is always a good rule of them to get at least three different estimates every shop is different

joshua ferrell, Mechanic
Experience: 10 years as a shop owner knowledgable in all aspects of auto repair