Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

1998 Subaru Legacy: alarm..The parking lights flash

I replaced the radio in my daughter's 1998 Subaru Legacy. Now the red alarm button flashes rapidly and the car will not start. The parking lights flash on and off for a minute or so when I try and start the car. I've tried turning the ignition switch to the "on" position and pressing the programming button for one second (as per instructions I found on-line.)

Hello! I'm Rixster...

I'm going to try and help you out here but I'll need some more information first to get started...

You replaced the "Radio"... Was this the Factory Radio?

Did you install a Factory Radio?

Is This vehicle Loaded with options?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The original radio was a Subaru radio model 86201AC460. I replaced it with a Kenwood KDC-138 radio. The vehicle does not have a lot of options. It has electric door locks but doesn't have remote door openers.
HI there! If you have the keyfob, all you have to do is lock and unlock the car with the fob. Make sure you lock all doors. If you don't have the fob,then you have to push the reset button and turn the key at the same time and hold it for 3 seconds. This should resolve the problem. There are also instructions for this on the core support next to the battery. There should be a yellow sticker out there. Hope this helps! Thanks
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience: 25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It worked. Thanks. Have a blessed new year.

You are very welcome! Have a good new year as well. Thanks for using JA !