joshua ferrell
joshua ferrell, Mechanic
Experience:  10 years as a shop owner knowledgable in all aspects of auto repair
14438971

2002 x-type jaguar 2.5L. Got a trouble code P0171, and P0174.

Customer Question

I have a 2002 x-type jaguar 2.5L. Got a trouble code P0171, and P0174. Replaced the air breather hose, cleared the codes and everything worked great for about 2 weeks, until I got another P0171 and P0174. I am wondering if it is a dirty MAF sensor, since I replaced the air filter. How do I know if I need a new MAF sensor? Can't I just clean it? Also, someone told me to replace the fuel filter(don't know where it is), and look for a vacuum leak.
Category: Car
Expert:  joshua ferrell replied 8 years ago.
first off you can unplug the maf sensor itself and start the car up if it seems to run better with it unplugged then you need to replace the maf sensor,the fuel filter for your car is located on the frame under the driver side of the vehicle in the midddle and in order to find a vacuum leak you are going to want to listen for a hissing or sucking sound once you find a sound like that inspect the vacuum hose for frays or cracks or holes in it and replace as needed.

i hope this has helped you and thanks for using just answer