Lamp
Lamp, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase certified Electronics, Brakes, Steering and Suspension
11105956

wanting to add coolant to 2001 mazda mpv. is it just coolant

wanting to add coolant to 2001 mazda mpv. is it just coolant in the resevoir and coolant-water mixture in radiator?

Hi! And welcome to JA...let me see if I can help.

That is actually just a personal call. I have always put coolant and water 50% ratio in entire system. What happens is coolant will still freeze but when you add coolant and water mixed then it will take a lot colder temperature to freeze. In short I professionally have always used mixed in entire system. If it freezes then it will crack the reserviour and cause a leak. For best protection 50% mix water and antifreeze.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So, absolutely no problem with a 50/50 mixture in this particular system? -throughout the whole system?
That is correct. Even if you did not mix them when you put antifreeze in the bottle and the system adds it to the radiator it will mix either way.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you much. I am sending payment.
Not a problem any further assistance just ask.