Gene, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 25 years experience, Ford Trans Tech/SMT, Toyota, Mitsubishi,Hyundai Tech.

My 2004 Mitsubishi Galant wont start. Lights are bright,

My 2004 Mitsubishi Galant won't start. Lights are bright, radio comes on, but the motor will not turn over. Tried jumping the car that did not work either. the CD player kept making noises and everything electrical was flashing. What should I try next?
Sounds like you may have a bad starter, you can check it with a test light and see if you have battery power at the large solenoid wire on the starter all the time and battery power to the smaller wire when cranking, if you do and it wont crank over, the starter is bad. you can try tapping the starter with a hammer to get it going but it should be replaced and if you hit the starter too hard you can break the magnets inside.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can our problem be in any way related to the keyless remote?
If the remote usues a starter interrupt system then yes. CHecking for power to the starter will verify that also, if you dont have power when cranking, it can be a vehicle security issue and would need to be checked further using a scan tool