Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

2001 saturn l300: a bad fuel injector pressure regulator..dies

could a bad fuel injector pressure regulator on a 2001 saturn l300 cause the car not to run? It runs and then just dies while driving.
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.

Yes, if the fuel pressure regulator is failing to maintain proper fuel pressure, the engine will cut off. A weak fuel also do this. I recommend doing the proper tests below to verify whether the fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump is at fault.

graphic

Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.

The bottom portion of your question just showed up on my side. If the low oil pressure light is coming on, and the enigine is not turning over freely at times, you need to have the oil pressure tested. You may have a failing oil pump, or oil sludge build-up in the engine causing this problem. This needs to be lokked at as soon as possible. Furhter driving may cause the engine to lock up