LARRY CROW, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech & shop owner 29 years of experience

94 Mazda B4000 4X4: the front axle to engage..four wheel drive..fuses

Customer Question

I have a 94 Mazda B4000 4X4, I cannot get the front axle to engage. I cannot hear the four wheel drive engage when I push the button on the dash. The lights don't light up and I have checked to fuses. I am lost....
Category: Car
Expert:  LARRY CROW replied 7 years ago.

Hi Im Larry Crow an ASE Master Tech and shop owner for 23 yrs.

I have seen this same problem before, the transfer case shift motor has a position switch built into it and the switch will fail and will no longer be able to operate the motor.

The switch is part of the transfer case shift motor so replace the hift motor assembly and you should have 4WD again. This is a wiring diagram I thought might be helpful to you as well. If you need more help just ask.

thanks again for using

P.S. after hitting the accept button please leave positive feedback. hank You!graphic