wrench9124
wrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Certified, ASE Master Certified, 32 years exp, GM Hybrid Certified, GM Mark of Excellence
5720312

IM WORKING ON A 2004 LESABRE REAR AIR SHOCK REPLACEMENT THE

IM WORKING ON A 2004 LESABRE REAR AIR SHOCK REPLACEMENT THE NEW GM -OE SHOCKS ARE DIFFERENT THAN THE OLD SHOCKS AND THE CAR HAS COME BACK 3 TIMES FOR NOISE IN THE REAR CAUSED BY THE SHOCKS HAS ANY ONE RAN INTO THIS THANK YOU
Category: Car
Expert:  wrench9124 replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JA!!! the replacement shocks, where they GM? or a A/C delco kit?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
shocks are supposed to be gm but say ac on sticker cost 187.00 the ac shocks your asking about look the same and do not come with mounts but all fitting are the same in both kits
Ok, more than likely they are A/C delco. do you remember seeing spring in the replacement shock kit?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes spring was in kit and i install spring in dryer

Very good. there was a TSB for this spring. most leave this spring out. for sure you did replace the shocks with A/C delco shocks and not OE!!! I have included this document, please review, there is a statement about how important the installation of the spring in the correct manner is. let me know what you think?

Harsh Ride or Line Installation Conern with Delco Shock Kit - keywords fit fitting harsh hose install instruction kit rear ride sheet spring suspension - (Jun 2, 2008)

Subject:Harsh Ride or Line Installation Concern with Delco Shock Kit

Models:95 - 98 Aurora All Models
99 Aurora With FE3
01 to 03 Aurora With L47 or Lx5 with FE3
00 - 05 Bonneville With FE1 or FE2
00 - 05 DeVille or DeVille Concourse All Models
98- 00 Seville With FE1 without F45
98 - 04 Seville With FE3
00 - 05 LeSabre With FE1 or F45
97 -XXXXXWith FE1
99 -XXXXXWith FE4
99 Riviera With FE1

Condition/Concern:

Concerns when installing Delco shock kits for the listed models:

Concern 1: Concerns with connecting the lines to the shocks and the air compressor

Concern 2: Concern of harsh ride after installation

Recommendation/Instructions:

Concern 1:

Do not replace the lines. After depleting the air from the system cut the lines at the shocks and install new Orings and fittings. See Illustrations in the instruction sheet included with the kit (steps 1, 2, & 3 per instructions in kit).

Concern 2:

Install the Spring included in the kit.The following steps are most commonly missed:

1. Disconnect the air dryer from the compressor and remove from the vehicle (step 4 per instructions in kit).
  2. Securely clamp the air dryer in the upright position being careful not to damage the air dryer. Use a suitable wrench to remove the air dryer cap (step 5 per instructions in kit). The accumulator cover may appear different than shown in this step. Keep the air dryer body in an upright position after removing the cap to avoid spilling the silica gel particles.

Note: The spring inside the air dryer is under compression. Therefore, hold the air dryer cap when removing it to avoid it's sudden release.

3. Replace the compression spring in the air drier with the new one provided in the kit. Pay close attention and reassemble the parts in the correct order per step 5 since this is the pressure regulator. The spring will maintain the 25 psi minimum recommended pressure for the adjustable shocks.
  4. Reinstall the air dryer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
you say to leave spring out but bull says install new spring. i installed spring and did so as bull directs and silica stayed in placed confused ! dealer said the shocks I got was what they listed as oe

sorry for the confusion, the spring should be installed. most people leave the spring out becuse they just miss that step. not sure why the dealer told you the shocks where OE. but clearly you got A/C delco shocks and not OE. If you want, I can check on the part numbers tomorrow? can you post me the part number of the kit you got??

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
19180220
Ok, I will let you know tomorrow!!! OK?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you for the effort if I cant get thi s figured out im going to loose my but
LOL, been there done that!!! we will do some research tomorrow.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

do I click accept or log off and wait to hear from you tomorrow .I have never used this site

dont wory about accepting just yet!! just wait until tomorrow!! I will post you back the info.

Want to make sure I have heped you in the best possible way.

Only want you to accept, when you are happy with my help!!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
wrench9124 I believe I found the problem with the air ride. Hooked up shocks with the other line kit so they are like regular air shocks and put in 25 PSI of air and checked for leaks again. No leaks found until I jounced the rear of the car about 12 times rechecked my air pressure and had lost 3 PSI further investigation I found air coming from the top of the shocks my dealer is air shipping me another set.Question? did you find anything different on the part numbers?

my opology on the delay. glad you have found your problem. and yes, the OE shock part number is XXXXX and list for 257.54 each. the shocks you installed are a/c delco shocks and not OE

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
checked my part number on 19180220 they list for 257.00 and there sold as a kit .comes with 2 shocks and fittings and air lines .and are ac delco .installed the replacements and rechecked ok .just got a bad set.heads up!!!!!

great!! sounds like you got things handled!!!!

Have a great weekend

Thanks for using JA!!

wrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: GM Master Certified, ASE Master Certified, 32 years exp, GM Hybrid Certified, GM Mark of Excellence
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry about the wait .I wanted to thank you for your time.Who would have guessed the new shocks were junk.Im going to accept your answers.we both know time is money.I have talked with my cust and all is good.