MR. FIX IT, Mechanic
Experience:  10 years of tearing down and putting back together
A new question is answered every 9 seconds seemed to be blowing a bit of smoke out of the exhaust

Customer Question

I purchased a car from a man on the 23rd november,and have taken it to a garage this morning because it seemed to be blowing a bit of smoke out of the exhaust,and they have told me that the engine is shot(knackered), and have said that it has been going for quite a while, have spoken to the man in question and he has almost said tough what do I do now?
Category: Car
Expert:  MR. FIX IT replied 7 years ago.
in a deal with a private buyer its an AS IS policy unless he knew it was shot and failed to tell you there really aint much to do unless there was a contract stating a warrinty you need to try and talk to him and ask for at least half of your money back, but sorry to say there really aint much to do you more or less got screwed that is the risk of private sales