John, Master Automotive Technician
Experience:  ASE A1-A8 & L1 Master GM Tech 40 years experience
6408229

1991 Deville: gas gauge..I tried pulling the fuse but nothing changed

My 1991 Deville's climate control system is stuck on hih fan with the a/c on. At the same time this happened the control panel and gas gauge just show a little c on them. I tried pulling the fuse but nothing changed. I'm thinking there's a short some where that is providing the power to the climate control system?
Category: Car
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

This could be a faulty blower switch or blower control module,which can be tested with a 12 volt test lamp at the blower control module.This module is under the hood,on the passenger side - near the bottom of the windshield,mounted in the a/c case.There are 2 square plugs on the top of the module.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't know if this addresses my problem. My problem is that the climate control system (which is stuck in the max a/c mode) won't turn off, even with the fuse to the system removed. This is why I'm thinking there may be a short some where.
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
In this case I would first check the a/c control with a volt meter or test light to see if the switch is turning off the power or is it shorted to voltage inside the control.If this checks ok,there is a climate control module ,on the passenger side ,in the dash that has the ability to do this.