JonathanOnny
JonathanOnny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  fully certified gm tech and hybrid trained
6124003

2004 Saturn vue: V6..the traction control staying engaged..shifting

Customer Question

Hello we have a 2004 Saturn vue V6-3.5 Are there any known problems with the traction control staying engaged when the indicater light is not on. The reason I ask because there is a winding noise that increases with speed but the transmission is shifting properly. The overdrive also works. When I take my foot off the gas it seen to have a drag not a free roll. Fluid is find and color is ok. The indicator light for the traction control dose come on when in reverse and low grear and go's out when not. While writing this the power streering did come to mind and I will check it in the morring. Did not come to mind before because it felt easy as normal.
Category: Car
Expert:  JonathanOnny replied 6 years ago.
the winding noise on saturn vues have been mostly bad wheel bearings. does the sound of the whine noise pitch change when turning back and forth? check the wheel bearings. the traction control light will come on when in reverse due to the fact that the car can't lose anymore torque in reverse so the traction system is off during low gears and in reverse. this is normal. you also have electric steering in this car and the power steering can not be checked. only by a scan tool can you look at any electric power steering. thanks for using just answer let me know if this helsps. thanks again Jon
JonathanOnny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: fully certified gm tech and hybrid trained
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the hub bearing on the right side, I am at work and will send the balance when I get home later to night.
your welcome and a positive feedback is always welcome. thanks agian Jon