automstr
automstr, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech
8300270

1999 acura RL: the cd changer is stuck so when I tried to play the cd

Customer Question

I have a 1999 acura RL and the cd changer is stuck so when I tried to play the cd it gives me a error code. How do I open the cd changer up to find out how to dislodge the cd? I look and it seemed like it is impossible to open up the box that holds the cd changer. By the way the changer is in the trunk of the car. Help
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim West replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for choosing JA,

There are specific directions availale. Depending on the scenario there are quite a few options. Here is everything you should need.

Acura CD player magazine 6 cd troubleshooting

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have read your answer but it does not help or apply to my original question. Maybe I should make it clearer. The problem is this: I just could not find a way to take the cd changer out of its enclosure. This enclosure is built and attached to the floor on the left side and close to the left fender. Look to me like this encloser is solidly glued to the floor and there is no evident of srew around anywhere so that i can unscrew and take it apart. to reach to the changer. I thought about just hammer it out but that would be too extreme and should be only the last effort only. Help!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You guys did not answer my question to my cd changer trouble so I hope you are not charging me for it. Thanks
Expert:  automstr replied 8 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I'm acuramstr. the encloser is held down with friction clips just grab it firmly by the sides and pull up. click HERE