Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes

2002 x-type: I am looking at a set of rims

Customer Question

I am looking at a set of rims for my 2002 x-type and I ran into a set that I really like. The size is 18 x 8 x108. Is this o.k. to get? Will it limit my driving?
Category: Car
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to

If you upgrade to the larger 18" wheels your vehicle will ride alot harder. Those vehicles have a harsh ride to start with so it will be worse. If you do get the rims the car will need to be programmed for the larger size. The dealer will need to do the programming and may charge you a half hour labor to do so.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Can I go as wide as 7.5with the 17's? If I do decide to get 18's can I go as wide as 8"

Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.
The wheels size should be 17 x 7 or 18 x 7.5.