carnut
carnut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certified master tech. 15 yrs in automotive. trained with rolls royce,lamborghine and acura.
13419037

1995 900 se: clutch..wont start..battery was dead after a jump it spun

Customer Question

1995 900se, went to shop for clutch work. Shop called it wont start. I went up, battery was dead after a jump it spun over well but didn't even try to start. Noticed that it indicated empty.    Put 2 gallons of fuel in it still indicated empty. plugged a code reader into the obdII indicated no codes. I'm almost 60 can set dwell and recurve your dual point. But don't know where to go here. I also tried starting fluid in the air box, but I don't know if the injectors function if the computer doesn't sense ignition. But it still didn't act like it wanted to start. Does the lack of an indication of fuel on the gauge mean the pump is bad?
Category: Car
Expert:  carnut replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer befor doing anything else have you checked all fuses. Sounds like it could have a blown fuse.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I actually wanted a sequence to eliminate the fuel system, how to check pump pressure at the rail, and how to test the coil pack on this car.