Online Wrench
Online Wrench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified, Asian and Domestic Specialist
12650260

during driving there is a thumping noise sound..Land Rover

during driving there is a thumping noise sound like a warp tire but no tire is warped in a 2001 Land Rover Discovery II

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! If you are POSITIVE that this is not a tire issue, I would suspect a wheel bearing. This best identified by swurving back and forth while going down the highway. If the noise seems to vary, it is most likely a wheel bearing. You can then Identify the location of the wheel bearing by raising the wheels off the ground and running them. Then listening closely to each wheel, an automotive stethoscope works great for this. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to ask. If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT! Thank You.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I raised the two rear wheels and the heard the thumping as the two rear wheels spun, I have this checked and thank you very much, I also have the ABS issue, is it possible to locate the ABS sensor that is bad
When did the ABS issue occur? And what kind of issue is it?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The three lights are on on the dash board, ABS, TC and HILL DDECENT
Ok...but when did this problem occur?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This has been on before in January 2008, the mechanic cleared it and it returned later September 2008 and I am being told it is a ABS sensor after replacing the MASTER CYLINDER
Ok. An speed sensor going out right after a master cylinder is somewhat suspicious. I would check to see what code is in the computer. Most auto parts stores will do this for free if you want to avoid the charge. If you can get me the code number I can provide a more thorough diagnosis. I was wondering when it occured, because if you run the rear wheels while they're in the air and the front wheels are stopped on the ground, this will throw an ABS code. Let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK How do I get back in touch with you once I get the info
If you click Accept you can request my assistance at any time in the future. I will be glad to help you.