Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year ASE Master Technician Current GM technician

A 2007 hummer a week ago The DOORS icon has came on All the doors

Customer Question

I just bought a 2007 hummer a week ago The DOORS icon has came on All the doors are closed but the icon won't go off What is wrong How can iI get it to go off?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What make and model is your Car? H2 or H3?
-How many miles are on your Car?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is aH3 IT has 33336 miles on it.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
I checked to see if there was a bulletin or other information with a common problem, but no common problems are reported.
I have changed a couple of body control modules for this problem but it could be a wiring problem or a door switch problem. It need to be diagnosed with a scan tool that can read body functions. The Dealer is your best bet. It still should be under warranty. If a Hummer dealer is too far away, You could take it to a chevy or GMC dealer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was told by my onstar dianostic it showed no wiring problem nothing showed I know a dealer probably can find the problem But I thought you had expects on I don't feel I should pay for "Take it to a dealer." I could come up with that myself.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
On-star can only read codes in certain modules. I can give you some test to do but it would require a GM scan tool.I could guess and tell you what to replace. Taking it to the dealer is the cheepest way to fix it. You can always reject an answer and get your money back. I only ask for an accept if you are satisfied with my answer.
Thanks for Using Just Answer.