Online Wrench
Online Wrench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified, Asian and Domestic Specialist
12650260

3.4: Antifreez, leak on top of engine, I cannot see where the leak

2002, 3.4, Antifreez, leak on top of engine, I cannot see where the leak is directly coming from, is this hard to fix?
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer.com! Could you please specify the make, model, and engine? This will help me greatly in assisting you. Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
2002 Buick Rendevous 3.4
Ok. There is an 80% chance you are looking at a leaking intake manifold gasket. This is the gasket between the lower intake manifold and the cylinder heads/engine block. These gaskets fail on the GM 3.4 all the time. Once you replace the gaskets you typically do not have to deal with the problem for another 60K plus. But I have seen the original gaskets leak as soon as 30K. If you can post a picture I will be able to give you a definate answer, but my money is on the intake gaskets. If you have any questions or need further assistance I will be glad to help. If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT! Thank You