brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

2005 Saturn Vue: Im replacing the timing

I'm replacing the timing belt on a 2005 Saturn Vue V6. I need to know which marks to use (there are several) on the cam pulleys and where is the crank mark? Also, is the crank bolt a standard thread or reverse? Does the pulley require a special tool to remove or will a standard three arm puller work?

The crank bolt is standard thread.

I will attach pictures of the cam and crank gears.

Any puller you can get on the pulley square with so it doesn't pull one way or the other will work.

If you still need help just reply, if not click ACCEPT when we are done.

Installation Procedure

1. Clean the belt pulleys and covers.
  2. Rotate the crankshaft and align the top dead center (TDC) mark (2) on the sprocket (237) with the pointer on the oil pump housing (1).

1. Rotate the left camshaft sprocket to TDC by aligning the mark (2) on the sprocket with the pointer (1) on the cover.