Have a Car Question? Ask a Mechanic Online.
1. Remove the center fascia panel.
Don't disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
2. Fig. 18: Identifying Receiver Unit Courtesy of HYUNDAI MOTOR CO.
3. To store new codes :
· Activate the keyless entry/receiver unit and change the code saving switch of the receiver unit from "OFF" to "SET".
· The secret codes from the transmitter will be stored into the receiver unit when the door lock button or unlock button is pressed on the transmitter.
· Save the 2nd transmitter codes in the same manner.
Fig. 19: Identifying Code Saving Switch Courtesy of HYUNDAI MOTOR CO.
4. Return the code saving switch of the receiver unit from "SET" to "OFF".
Fig. 20: Identifying Code Saving Switch Of The Receiver Unit Courtesy of HYUNDAI MOTOR CO.
5. Install the center fascia panel.
I interprete your answer to say that I need to tow this car to a dealer that has the proper equipment. I do not have a receiver. I am an accountant without technical knowledge or equipment. Is this your recommendation?
Can I have this damn thing cut out of the system at the same time?