Mauricio, Technician
Experience:  15 years working in all makes and models

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant the air conditioning drain

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant the air conditioning drain line is plug up and leaking on the inside of the car. I was told to clean out the line but I can't find it. Does any know where it is?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

2001 Mitsubishi Galant

Already Tried:
Looking under the for the line and pulling out the glove box to find the line and pulling back the carpet nothing yet
Expert:  Mauricio replied 7 years ago.
A/C - Evaporator Drain Tube Water Leaks to Interior

No: TSB-02-55-006

DATE: August, 2002

1999-2002 Galant

Customers may complain of A/C water leakage onto the driver side floor. The leakage may be more noticeable after the air conditioner or front defogger has been operated.

This condition may be caused by drain tube blockage, or the heater unit not being properly sealed to the bulkhead. The bulkhead silencer pad may be positioned between the evaporator foam pad and the firewall, causing an improper seal. This could cause the evaporator drain tube foam to become deformed and allow water to drain onto the floor.

To eliminate this condition, first check for drain tube blockage. If no blockage is found, install a new evaporator foam pad as described in this bulletin. Also, inspect the heater assembly for cracks or other damage that could cause leakage. If cracks or other damage are observed, replace the heater assembly.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

it leaking on the passenger side but i also look on the driver side but i still can't find that line

Expert:  Mauricio replied 7 years ago.

Did you check under the hood by the drive side and try to find the drain tube.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
looking at that now
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so far I have look under the dash on bothside and under hood on both side and underneith the car still can't find it
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I even have a manual but it doesn't show that tube or line
Expert:  Mauricio replied 7 years ago.
Should be 2 inchs black plastic tube sticking out the firing wall by driver side or passenger side.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I know it should be there but i still don't see it. It must hidden from plain sight. I even try to feel along the firewall to see if I feel it sitcking out but know luck
Expert:  Mauricio replied 7 years ago.
You may have to check from under the car, I know you don't have a lift, but I don't see another option.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do have have good size jack that will lift the whole front end but allready been under there
Expert:  Mauricio replied 7 years ago.
Let me check at work tomorrow, I do have a suburu in for service tomorrow and I'll check and let you know by tomorrow night.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks for your help
Expert:  Mauricio replied 7 years ago.
Talk to you tomorrow night
Customer: replied 7 years ago.