Jay
Jay, Mechanic
Experience:  4 yrs experience with Gm, 6 years in automotive shops trained at SAIT

I am having trouble changing the clock time on my 2006 Saturn

I am having trouble changing the clock time on my 2006 Saturn VUE. I followed the directions in the owners manual to no avail. Nothing has worked. Help!
Category: Car
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer here is some information on setting the clock, I aplogize if this is the same as what is in your manual. Please reply.

Setting the Clock

Without Date Display

If your vehicle has an AM/FM base radio with a single CD player and preset buttons numbered one through six, the radio has a clock button for setting the time. You can set the time by following these steps:

1. Turn the ignition key to ACC (accessory) or RUN. Press the power knob, located in the center of the radio, to turn the radio on.
  2. Press the clock button until the hour numbers begin flashing on the display. Press the clock button a second time and the minute numbers begin flashing on the display.
  3. While either the hour or the minute numbers are flashing, turn the tune knob, located on the upper right side of the radio, clockwise or counterclockwise to increase or decrease the time.
  4. Press the clock button again until the clock display stops flashing to set the currently displayed time; otherwise, the flashing stops after five seconds and the current time displayed will be automatically set.

To change the time default setting from 12 hour to 24 hour, press the clock button and then the pushbutton located under the forward arrow label. Once the time 12H and 24H are displayed, press the pushbutton located under the desired option to select the default. Press the clock button again to apply the selected default, or let the screen time out.

With Date Display

If your vehicle has a radio with a single CD player, the radio has a clock button for setting the time and date.

To set the time and date, follow these instructions:

1. Turn the radio on.
  2. Press the clock button and the HR, MIN, MM, DD, YYYY (hour, minute, month, day, and year) displays.
  3. Press the pushbutton located under any one of the labels that you want to change. Every time the pushbutton is pressed again, the time or the date if selected, increases by one.
    Another way to increase the time or date, is to press the right SEEK arrow or FWD (forward) button.
    To decrease, press the left SEEK arrow or REV (reverse) button. You can also turn the tune knob, located on the upper right side of the radio, to adjust the selected setting.

The date does not automatically display. The only way to see the date is by pressing the clock button when the radio is on. The date with display times out after a few seconds and goes back to the normal radio and time display.

If your vehicle has a radio with a six-disc CD player, the radio has a MENU button instead of the clock button to set the time and date.

1. Turn the radio on.
  2. Press the MENU button. Once the clock option displays.
  3. Press the pushbutton located under that label. The HR, MIN, MM, DD, YYYY displays.
  4. Press the pushbutton located under any one of the labels that you want to change. Every time the pushbutton is pressed again, the time or the date if selected, increases by one.

The date does not automatically display. The only way to see the date is by pressing the MENU button and then the clock button when the radio is on. The date with display times out after a few seconds and goes back to the normal radio and time display.

To change the time default setting from 12 hour to 24 hour or to change the date default setting from month/day/year to day/month/year, follow these instructions:

1. Press the clock button and then the pushbutton located under the forward arrow label. Once the time 12H and 24H, and the date MM/DD/YYYY (month, day, and year) and DD/MM/YYYY (day, month, and year) displays.
  2. Press the pushbutton located under the desired option.
  3. Press the clock or MENU button again to apply the selected default, or let the screen time out.
Jay, Mechanic
Experience: 4 yrs experience with Gm, 6 years in automotive shops trained at SAIT