Ask Proud Hyundai Owner (Corey) Your Own ...

Proud Hyundai Owner (Corey)
Proud Hyundai Owner (Corey), ASE Master/Hyundai Master
Experience:  Working cars 18 years on Hyundais since 1998 acheived highest level of technician awards for Hyundai

2007 hyundai sonata: Ho do I replace the high mount rear stop light

Customer Question

Ho do I replace the high mount rear stop light on a 2007 hyundai sonata?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mauricio replied 5 years ago.
HIGH MOUNTED STOP LAMP
  1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
  2. Open the trunk lid and then disconnect the connector of high mounted stop lamp.
  3. Remove the package tray.
  4. Replace the bulb (A) from the package tray.
  5. Installation is the reverse of removal.
  6. graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I already had more detailed information based on a 2006 Hyundai Sonata, but it is not correct. My previously information gor me as far as freeing the mount from its assembly, but I can't get it out enough to do anything.
The assembly does not lift out of the mount. There is not enough room between the window and the mounting base. Something is sticking throuhg a hole (probably the connector) and preventing the assembly from coming completely free.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  Mauricio replied 5 years ago.
Did you try to get on the back seat and pull the assembly and try to slide off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes,
A part of the assembly is sticking in a hole about 2 inches below the base. Ite rear window is too close to the top of tha assembly, there is only aboit 1/2 inch of clearence.
Expert:  Proud Hyundai Owner (Corey) replied 5 years ago.
2.Open the trunk lid and then disconnect the connector of high mounted stop lamp.
3.Remove the package tray (Refer to the Body group-package tray).
4.Replace the bulb(A) from the package tray.

PACKAGE TRAY

1.Remove the trim.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
- Take care not to bend or scratch the trim and panels.
2.Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Replace any damage clips.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have already gotten as far as removing the 5 (not 4) screws holding the Package Tray.
But I can't get the Package Tray out.
The back seets are folded down, to expose som trim & the 5 screws.
The Package Tray appears to be "locked" in place by the left & right seat backs. These are about 10 inches wide and remain in place when the seats are folded down. They have plastic seat belt guides at the top. I do not know what is holding these seat backs; i can't get them out.
I think that if I remove these seat backs, that I may be able to move the Package Tray forward & out. (There may be some other screws holding the Package Tray in back of these seat backs.
Hello again this side pieces of the back seat are held in by one 12mm at the bottom and then slide up to unhook the top and then pull out.
Experience: Working cars 18 years on Hyundais since 1998 acheived highest level of technician awards for Hyundai