Gary, service management
Experience:  35 years automotive service experiance at dealership level

1998 GMC Sierra 1500: power windows and door locks..door panel

I have a 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 with power windows and door locks. My drivers side door will open from the outside buy not from the inside. How do I remove the interior door panel and what do I need to look for in the interior handle/latch assembly.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
You most likely have a faulty door lock actuator. To remove the door panel there some screws that have to be remove at the arm rest and the door handle beneath the handle. After that the panel is attached with push in clips around the outer edge of the panel. I would start at the bottom of the panel with a plastic wedge of some sort. Oncnce you get it loose pull the panel away from the door. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I saw the screws in the arm rest but not on the pull handle. Do I need to pop off that panel? How about the panel over the electric window controls?