Daryl, Shop Owner, Certified Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

2008 Saturn VUE XE: cyl..block..controls..headlights

2008 Saturn VUE XE 4-cyl. Is it possible to block or override the light sensing device that controls the dash and radio light levels so they will be on when headlights are on, even in daylight?
No sorry it is not possible to override or block that from working as it does.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The dealer told me that there is no factory recommended method to keep the headlights and dashboard lights on and recommended that I go to an independent source to get a solution.

I have found that by placing tape over the light sensing device near the radio speaker, I have been able to keep the headlights on and light up the headlights and dashboard, but they do dim slightly.

Again, I ask my question: Are there any other light sensing devices that I might block? I assume this can only be answered by examining the wiring diagrams.

The dash board lights are going to dim slightly if you block the that light sensing device, that is the only light sensor that this vehicle has for the headlights