Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mehanic 39 years,30 with the NYPD Fleet Service Division

tracker: 4x4..Mass air power, and stalls at stop sign

i have a 1997 geo tracker 1.6L 4x4 with 200.000 . Just relaced the Mass air flow and the Idle air control. here the problem it dosent idle ,no power, and stalls at stop sign. There is still good compression so i dont think its and enigne problem I was thinking more of an ECM problem OBTW Its a 4spd Auto
Category: Car
Expert:  Roadside Jerry replied 7 years ago.

Hi, there are numerous things that can cause a stall at idle,a severe vacuum leak for one. I would look at all hoses, make sure nothing is cracked or disconnected. One item that can give these symptoms is the EGR valve, if it is stuck open,it would act like a vacuum leak. You can try tapping on it,or you can remove it and ook at the pintle on the under side, you would see if the was not seated.Here are some pictures.Good luck,thanks for using Just Answer,Jerry.