Ironmike, ASE Master Tech, L1
Experience:  30 years GM certified, Ford certified

99 Subaru Legacy GT: My A/T temp light comes..check engine light

Customer Question

99 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 engine -- My A/T temp light comes on along with the check engine light. The A/T temp light does not come on all the time. It brings up code P0748 (pressure control solenoid) that has been replaced, still the same problem. When the A/T temp light comes on the car seems to slam into 3rd gear. Usually if you turn the car off it will reset & go away for a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ironmike replied 7 years ago.

I checked for tsb's regarding the code and issue. I would say since you had the pressure control solenoid changed there has to be a connection or wire harness problem. Here is electrical schematics.

Good luck Mike If this answer has been helpful please accept
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The picture won't come up for me. I just has a little box with an x in it.

Expert:  Ironmike replied 7 years ago.

I fround another tsb.

NUMBER: 16-65-99R

DATE: 04/03/00

99 MY & 2000 MY Legacy, Forester, and Impreza Vehicles.

TCM Trouble Code 38 (Revised)

In the event you encounter a customer complaint of the A/T temperature light flashing and this code is found in the TCM, perform the following:

First, eliminate all wiring and connector concerns by performing the tests as outlined in the appropriate Service Manual for this code. Repair as necessary.

After you have checked and confirmed these items, and you still did not find any problems, we recommend you replace the part(s) as shown.

Here are better pictures

Part 1 Of 2

Part 2 Of 2

Good luck Mike