Glenn
Glenn, Technician/Trainer
Experience:  28 years experience, Interprovincially Licenced MVMechanic (Canada) , Technical Trainer

2004 Pontiac g6 gtp: abs, Traction Control..brakes..lights came

AAfter 110,000 miles on my 2004 Pontiac GP GTP the ABS, Traction Control, Stabilibilty lights and warning all came on at the same time when I started the car up in the morning. The brakes were redone about 10,000 miles again and the car has been running perfectly. Even after the lights came on there are no problems. How can I correct or redet the lights. Odd that they would all come on at once. Is there a fairulre on one switch which caused all the lights to come on?
Category: Car
Expert:  Glenn replied 5 years ago.

Hello

Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is Glenn. I would like to try to help you with your question.

You said:

After 110,000 miles on my 2004 Pontiac GP GTP the ABS, Traction Control, Stabilibilty lights and warning all came on at the same time when I started the car up in the morning. The brakes were redone about 10,000 miles again and the car has been running perfectly. Even after the lights came on there are no problems. How can I correct or redet the lights. Odd that they would all come on at once. Is there a fairulre on one switch which caused all the lights to come on?

Optional Information:
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Supercharged

In this case, the display of these lights indicated that a defect has been detected which is affecting the operation of all three systems. A faulty front ABS wheel speed sensor could cause this.

We won't know what the exact cause is until a SCANTOOL capable of reading ABS SYSTEM codes is connected to your car and the fault codes are read. Once we know which codes are set, we'll have better idea of where to start.

In this case, regular brake and handling performance should not be affected, but handling and braking in adverse conditions will not meet the same level of performance that you are used to. While these lights are on, the ABS, TRACTION CONTROL and STABILITY control systems will not function as intended.

There are different types of scantools out there. Not all of them can read abs codes. You may be able to get this code read by a local parts store. They frequently do this at no charge to try to get your parts business .

Bookmark this page and return once you know what code has set and I'll be happy to help you further if you wish.

Does this answer your question? If so, please press the ACCEPT button.

PLEASE NOTE:

Your answers to my questions will allow me to try to identify the correct approach to be taken to try to solve your problem or to answer your question.

Our success depends on your ability to explain to me what you think your problem is and my ability to understand your explanation.

It's my repsponsibility to try to give you suggestions in "clear language" that you can use to repair your car or to explain to your repair shop what you want done. Let me know if you need a copy of this post to forward to your repair shop. I can provide an attachment to this message that you can download and print or email to your repair shop.

It's important not to leave details out, even if they seem unrelated. Please try to answer any questions I give you as completely as possible and ask me to explain further if you don't understand what I'm asking. As peculiar as some of my questions may seem, I assure you that there is always a reason for my asking.

In many cases my ability to help IS EXTREMELY LIMITED due to the complexity of the system involved and/or the availability of test equipment at your end. I try EXTREMELY hard to come up with suggestions and tests that will get around these issues. While I may not always be able to come up with a fix, I guarantee that I will provide you with background information on the situation you are encountering so that you can better understand and communicate your problem to a repair facility.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Glenn, Technician/Trainer
Experience: 28 years experience, Interprovincially Licenced MVMechanic (Canada) , Technical Trainer