Bob, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  40 year GM Tech. +30 Certified. ASE Master Tech.(expired, retired) Medium Duty, Heavy Line, Retired

Information are parties to a car accident required to be exchanged/

what information are parties to a car accident required to be exchanged/
Category: Car
Expert:  Bob replied 7 years ago.
Drivers license information, such as name, address, telephone number etc. And insurance information, name address and telephone number of insuring company as well as policy number. Registration information on the car being driven that was involved in the accident. It would also be nice to have work information, such as employers name, address and telephone number, but some people are hesitant to give any more information than is absolutely necessary. I guess in todays society, I can understand why, too For safety sake call the police and have an accident report filed, even if the damage is minor and it is just a courtesy report. Even if you were at fault, this is the best protection you can get from being ripped off later or accused of something that may or may not be true. If each party has all of this information about the other party, everyone is covered.