A+TEC
A+TEC, Mechanic
Experience:  6 years experience in foreign/domestic auto repair expert in troubleshooting
12871763

2006 C70: to replace with smaller wheels & tires for the winter

I have a 2006 C70 with 18" MIRZAM wheels that I would like to replace with smaller wheels & tires for the winter. What optionds do I have?
Category: Car
Expert:  A+TEC replied 6 years ago.

thank you for using justanswer i am pleased to help you today my advice is that you keep the 18inch MIRZAM you have many great winter tires out there like dunlop craspic another yokohama AVS , toyo winter, pirelli 210 winter all these are great winter tires for your 18inch wheels but if your looking for 17 inch wheels your have drag DR19 $650 a set another great one is the 17 giovanna hypersilver $550 a set ,the nakayama also hypersilver $550 a set this is just for the wheels no tires and for the 17 inch tires you

brigdestone blizzak ,michelin pilot alpin or xi2 ,also they have the dunlop graspic in 17inch

press accept if you think this is helpful

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the info it is helpful. One final follow up. What would be the 17 inch tire size required to keep the wheel/tire height as the current 18 inch Mirzam wheels with the 235/40 x 18 tires so that the odometer and speedometer readings are accurate ?
Expert:  A+TEC replied 6 years ago.

well since your are going down a inch in wheels you can go with 235/45/17 or 235/50/17

so you can keep the same height and witdh but i will recommend to go with 235/50/17

you will still get the same handiling and traction

positive feedback will be appreciated

Thank You for using just answer

A+TEC, Mechanic
Experience: 6 years experience in foreign/domestic auto repair expert in troubleshooting