Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  27 years import and domestic auto repair.
9843993

My battery was disconnected and, even though I have my radio code, I

Customer Question

My battery was disconnected and, even though I have my radio code, I cannot reset it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Joe replied 8 years ago.

Hello monique- Try this. If you try entering the code incorrectly too many times it will lock you out. Sometimes if you disconnect the battery it will let you start over. If not you are supposed to let the radio stay on for one hour UNINTURUPED. Try disconnecting the battery first, then enter the code using the 1-4 buttons, after you enter the code press the CD button.

Hope this works.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Except for disconnecting the battery I let the car stand with the Key on ACC for over one hour, then tried the code again and push CD. It did not work.

I'm an 81 year old little lady and lifting the hood to get to the battery is just too much for me. Obviously your advice is good and I will have to go to my mechanic for him to disconnect the battery, then try again.

[email protected]

Expert:  Joe replied 8 years ago.

OK, good luck, and thank you.