RICK, ASE Certified Technician

Control module..The traction control light seems to only come..scanner

Customer Question

my traction control light keep coming on we have change the control module twice. The traction control light seems to only come on when it start to get dark outside. We have check everything with the scanner but it all come back clear help. already have spent 1,500. 00. The cadillac is a 2000 DTS with 96,000 mi. new tune up and wheel baring both sides
Category: Car
Expert:  RICK replied 7 years ago.
Hi Customer. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Can you tell me what code is setting..

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do not know exactly it been in the shop three time for the traction light and each time the the technician clear out the code and can not find any thing wrong.
Expert:  RICK replied 7 years ago.
Hi Customer,
ok let me try to tell you how to pull code yourself, can't remember does your car have climate panel next to speed..with red warmer button in top rt corner and off button in lower left? if so push both and hold till dash all lights up(key in on position)tell me if it displays if does, fan speed button is to answer question on display, down is no up is yes, push down till displays tcs, then up, down till displays tcs codes, then up will show codes and tell me wht they are..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry had to do home work we pull the codes and each time everthing came back fine
Expert:  RICK replied 7 years ago.
Hi Customer, so light is not on now? if light on has to have code or computer bad,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the light come on mostly at night i got it out of the shop this morning and drove it to milwaukee with out the light come on. When I started to drive back it came on it seems to me that it come on more often at night fall.
Expert:  RICK replied 7 years ago.
HI, if light was on tonight will have stored code , can use my directions to retrieve without going back to have scanned, want to check tonight or tomarrow...rick
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm scare top ask but how much for a computer for those car. this is wisconsin and it 12:30 am it to late togo out side.
Expert:  RICK replied 7 years ago.
hi Customer,
ok try tomarrow and get back with me, computer probably not bad, 6 to 7 hundred...rick