You mean replacing the timing belt? Here are the procedures.
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Disconnect intake air temperature sensor connector from intake air duct. Disconnect the air intake tube from the throttle body. Disconnect the breather tube from the valve cover. Remove resonator from throttle body. Remove air filter housing.
2. Raise and support the vehicle. Remove right front wheel. Remove right front splash shield from wheelwell. Remove serpentine accessory drive belt.
3. Remove crankshaft pulley bolts. It is NOT necessary to remove crankshaft sprocket center bolt. Remove crankshaft pulley. Lower vehicle.
4. Support engine assembly from above with Support Fixture (J-28467-B). See Fig. 1 . Remove engine mount bracket from timing belt end of engine. See Fig. 2 .
5. Remove power steering hose clamp bolt, and position hose away from timing belt cover. Remove front timing belt cover. See Fig. 3 . Using crankshaft center bolt, rotate crankshaft one full turn clockwise (as viewed from timing belt end of engine).
6. Align mark on crankshaft sprocket with notch at bottom of rear timing belt cover. See Fig. 4 . Align camshaft sprocket timing marks with notches on valve cover. See Fig. 5 .
CAUTION: Engine damage could result if camshaft sprockets are not properly aligned with notches on valve cover.
7. Loosen the automatic tensioner bolt. Use an Allen wrench to rotate tensioner and relieve tension on timing belt. See Fig. 6 . Remove timing belt.
1. Ensure crankshaft and camshaft timing marks are still aligned. Install the timing belt. See Fig. 7 .Turn the timing belt tensioner counterclockwise to tension the timing belt. Turn tensioner until the pointer aligns with the notch on the rear timing belt cover. Tighten automatic tensioner bolt to specification. .
2. Using crankshaft center bolt, turn crankshaft clockwise (as viewed from timing belt end of engine) 2 full revolutions. Ensure timing belt tensioner pointer is still aligned with notch.
3. If timing belt tensioner is correctly aligned, install timing belt cover. See Fig. 3 . Install the engine mount bracket on the timing belt end of engine. Position power steering hose in place, and install clamp bolt. Install crankshaft pulley. Install serpentine accessory drive belt.
4. Install right front splash shield. Install right front wheel. Install air filter housing and resonator. Connect air intake temperature sensor connector. Connect negative battery cable.