sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Chrysler 300 alarm reset

chrysler 300 alarm reset
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 years ago.
Hi. Are you referring to the factory security? Can you describe exactly what the car is doing? (If you have already given this information I'm sorry for asking again, sometimes information is slow to come through. I'll see it in just a minute.)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes it is a factory security..I was changing the battery
What is the car doing now exactly? Did you have the key turned on when the battery was disconnected?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
NO the key was not on..when I open door to start the car..the alarm went off with lights flashing and the remote does not work also the car will not start
If you start the car with the key the SKIM system will override the security and shut off the alarm. You may have a problem of some sort with the wireless control module, especially if you find that it won't start (starts and dies right away) If this happens check all fuses in the box in the trunk and the ones under the hood. If it won't start try disconnecting the battery again for a few minutes, wireless control modules sometimes lock up and can be reset with a battery disconnect.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried disconnecting the battery and even tried the other remote...the car will not like the starter has no power to it
There is a problem with the wireless control module most likely. check all fuses in all boxes. When you turn the key on does the instrument cluster power up? Does the check engine light come on and then go off? What was the problem that made you think you needed a battery?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was getting battery sign on instrument cluster and on first starting car the lights would be pulsating. There no problem with remote until battery change..the instrument cluster power up with alarm and lights going off I said earlier..I had tried both remotes and turn key and nothing happen
Ok. You've got a problem with the wireless control module. It may have been damaged by the overcharging that was going on before the battery change. Check all fuses in all boxes first. You can pull it out of the dash and check powers and grounds to it, I can help you with it. If powers and grounds are ok, it will have to be towed to a dealer. new module has to be programmed to the car and to your keys before it will start.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My wife call chrysler today and she told them what the car was doing..she was told because the battery was the orginal battery and 4 years old it was the battery going bad..So me being I thought the being smart husband and get a new battery and did not know this would mess up the alarm system..I had to leave the car at the shop..I could get it tow to chrysler because they are closed
It sounds like the battery light was on because it was overcharging if the lights where changing brightness. This can be caused by many things. It could have been the battery, but it the car was still starting ok I doubt it was teh battery. I doubt you have damaged the module yourself unless the battery was disconnected with the key on or the terminals on the battery were hooked up backwards. It could be from the original problem or it may have been a coincidence, or it may have gone down just from having the battery disconnected. Its not likely a battery disconnect alone would have taken out the module.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So there is no way I can reprogram the remote..the car is not recognizing the remote

The module is dead. The transponders in the key are a totally different system than the security system and remote keyless entry, but they both report to the same module. Both systems have failed, pointing to a dead module. There is no way you could reprogram the keys without a scan tool even if the module was alive-you need two fully functional programmed keys to program more. There is no way you can fix this car without a dealer's scan tool and most likely a new module.