gunny44
gunny44, technician/shop foreman
Experience:  40 years experience, engine diagnose, transmissions, Ford, Pontiac, GM, Isuzu, 12 years with Kia
11374595

2005 Kia Sportage: right tail light bulb

I have a 2005 Kia Sportage. The right tail light bulb has had to replaced at least 5 times in the past year. It is out again now. Only the right side. Anything specific going on that is usual for that model? Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  gunny44 replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer/p>

You made a deposit so you deserve an answer however I don't think you are going to like it. Sportage isn't the only model with this problem, also have it with the Sorento and Sedona. As of now we have no information from Kia as to the cause of this problem.

Things to try if you haven't already would be, (with the lights off) clean the contacts in the bulb socket and put a little more tension on the ground tab in the socket. We have also had better luck using Kia packaged bulbs.

If this answer satisfy you please accept or if you wish I will opt out for someone else to try. I don't think you will get a better solution though.

Regards. Gunny44