Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

How do i change the belts on my 03 suzuki xl-7

Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.

Ok, the power steering belt is the first to be removed, this is done by simply loosening the belt tensioner bolts. Note #5 in the illustration.

graphic

This will allow for you to remove the power steering belt and give you access to the alternator belt. To remove the alternator belt, you will need to loosen two bolts to allow for the alternator to pivot. Here are the bolts that you will need to loosen for this to happen.

graphic

At this point you will be ready to reinstall the belts. The alternator belt should go back on like the first illustration I sent you. Then all you will need to do is tenstion the belt and tighten the two bolts in the second illustration I posted. This will be the last step for the alternator belt. Then you will need to install the power steering belt and apply tension on the tension pulley using a wrench. Then simply tighten the tenstioner bolts and you will be done. Feel free to contact me with any questions! Good luck to you!