William B
William B, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Associate Degree Automotive Technology, Master ASE, Master BMW, Master Mazda, 30+ years experience

2002 impreza wrx sti: located

I have a 2002 impreza wrx sti and I need to change the thermostat. Where is it located? I've looked where I thought it should be and can't find it.
HeyCustomerthanks for the question,

The thermostat is located at the front of the water pump on the left (drivers) side of the engine near the cylinder head, front of engine.

The professional labor time to replace the thermostat is 0.7 tenths of an hour, you will need to raise up vehicle and remove under cover panel to gain access, has two bolts holding thermostat housing to the water pump and is at the end of the radiator hose.

Nautrally you will drain the cooling system before removal of the thermostat housing to get to the thermostat itself.

Hope this helps, click "accept" for payment. Let me know if you have any questions. All bonuses and feedback appreciated!