Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year ASE Master Technician Current GM technician

My car wont hold water. It runs out under the engine. Please

Customer Question

My car won't hold water. It runs out under the engine. Please tell me it's not the water pump.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 8 years ago.

Praying always help. There is a lot of things that could be leaking. You would need to do a pressure test on the coolant system to tell where its coming from( unless its leaking so bad you can see it by just putting water in the radiator). Some auto part stores loan out pressure testers. You fill the radiator and put 13 lbs on the system and look to see where it coming from. The water pump is ran off of the timing belt on these engines. When they leak they sometimes run out the back of the engine. I done a bunch of these. Not very hard but time consuming. Let me know what you find and I can try to step you through it.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer and glad I could assist you. Please click ACCEPT if you use my help and FEEDBACK is greatly appreciated.