Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.

1998 Infiniti I30: security system will not deactivate...ignition key

I have a 1998 Infiniti I30. It seems that the security system will not deactivate. When I turn the ignition key, nothing happens. All power works - radio, windows, etc. How can I make sure it is a problem with the security system?

HelloCustomer Here are the starting circuit wiring diagrams for your car with a manual and an automatic. Start by checking for power at the starter solenoid and work backwards. Check for power at the starter, then then the relay, neutral safety or clutch switch and upward. Check for power and ground to switch the relay, and it will become apparent if the antitheft system is involved. Let me know if you need help as you proceed.

Your JA Expert,