Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

Saab 93: wont start..The engine doesnt turn..clicking

My Saab 93 won't start. The battery seems to be ok - the lights and radio come on when I turn the key. The engine doesn't turn over at all just clicking, this is the first time this has happened. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
HI there!Even though the lights and the radio are working it is still most likley a battery problem.Those items only use 12 volts to work.The starter requires cranking amperage to work.It is possible the battery has no cranking amps in it.I would start by getting a jump start and then have the battery tested.Most parts stores will test the battery for you at no charge.Hope this helps!Thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I tried to jump it with no success.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
OK,If you don't have success jumping then the problem is most likley the starter.I had to
have you try to jump it to eliminate the battery as the cause.If you can see the starter,sometimes you can tap on it lightly while a helper turns the key,this will sometimes get it to spin for you.