Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician with L1 certification. 20 years auto electric, driveabilty and A/C knowledge.

How do I fix a p1603 fualt on a jag x-type thanks.

Customer Question

How do I fix a p1603 fualt on a jag x-type? thanks.
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 years ago.
This code is for a TCM (trans control module) EEPROM failure. It could be caused by an open B+ power supply circuit to the TCM, a faulty TCM. It could also have been caused by disconnecting the battery with the key on. If the battery was just replaced, you may be able to just clear the code.If not, you will need to check the fuses. If all are ok and due to the complex nature of this concern, I would recommend taking it to a shop that works on Jags. If the fault is actually in the TCM, it will require flash programming and only a shop with the factory tools will be able to do this.