Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

The engine turns over but wont start if the car..sitting..alternator

The engine turns over but won't start if the car has been sitting for more than a few hours. The alternator and battery were just replaced but I'm still having the same problem. What could it be?
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
1996 Chevy Blazer with 87000 miles on it. V-6 4.3l
Expert:  Amedee replied 8 years ago.
You could have a bad fuel pump. I would rec to check fuel pressure. Fuel injected cars are very fuel pressure sensitive. Fuel pressure is very important and must be within specifications! But if the pressure is low, it does not mean the pump is bad. A plugged fuel filter, a pinched line, and low voltage at the pump can contribute to low fuel pressure. All three must be check before replacing the pump! You can get a fuel pressure gage at a local auto parts store for cheap.