Ask a Car Mechanic and Get Answers to Your Car Questions ASAP
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Have you verified that you have no fuel pressure? What year is your S Type? Is the red theft light on the top center of the dash flashing?
Thats the reason why you have no power to the pump. When the theft light is flashing the pcm is not powering up the pump via the rear module and the relay. The relay is the micro relay in the trunk fuse box closest to the positive lug. If you have another key see if it will start. Next you need to check all the fuses. CHecking them with a voltmeter is the best way. Also make sure the inertia switch is not tripped. Let me know how you make out.
1. Which box is the fuel pump fuse located in is it in the trunk, under the hood or in the car under the dash?
2. Which number is XXXXX fuel pump fuse?
3. We only have one key?
4. How do you go around the alarm? The alarm light is flashing?
5. What is the inertia switch?
6 Where is the inertia switch located under the hood ect and what number is XXXXX?
7. How do we fix the inertia switch if it is tripped?
You all are great!!
Thanks for the accept. Just hit the reply to keep this going so you do not get charged again. At the end you can give a bonus if you feel it's warranted. Here are the answers to your questions.
1. The relay is the micro relay in the trunk fuse box closest to the positive lug on the box.
2. The fuse for the fuel pump are fuse #17 (15 amp) in the trunk and #4 and #20 in the interior box in the passenger kick panel.
3/4. Since you only have one key you may have a bad key or tranceiver around the ignition cylinder. There is no way to bypass the PATS system.
5/6/7. The inertia switch is the emergency shutdown switch located in the driver kick panel. If it's tripped the button will be up. Just push it down if it's up.
Let me know how you make out. We are limited with the diagnosis without the Jag scan tool but I will try my best to get this resolved for you.