Ask reverend thomas sparacino Your Own Qu...
reverend thomas sparacino
reverend thomas sparacino, Technician
Experience:  numerous certifications .DIESEL ,CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS DRIVABILITY ANY ASPECT OF REPAIR I GUARNETEE IC
12530363

In a 2000 hyndai accent does the fuel pump have a fuse and

Customer Question

In a 2000 hyndai accent does the fuel pump have a fuse and if so where
Category: Car
Expert:  reverend thomas sparacino replied 8 years ago.
yes one moment while i locate it for you
reverend thomas sparacino, Technician
Experience: numerous certifications .DIESEL ,CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS DRIVABILITY ANY ASPECT OF REPAIR I GUARNETEE IC
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
do you know where it is located

i am soory i tottaly missed the things you have tried would you like an electrical diagram of the fuel pump circuit

figured out your problem those cars use seperate oil pressure switch that turns on the fuel pump heres a pic hope it help

thats more than likely the problem i dont see any fuse its probaly fused internaly through the pcm (those crazy koreans)

you should be able to test it by jumping the wires on the sensor connector than try to start it should turn pump on

Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX to JustAnswer.

According to information available from Hyundai, the fuel pump feed does NOT pass through the oil pressure switch on this model. Additionally, the fuse for the fuel pump circuit is NOT in the engine control module.

There is a diagram that shows the FUSE used for the fuel pump circuit. This fuse feeds the fuel pump relay, the PCM, the alternator,and the ECU3 fuse in the underhood fuse/relay panel.

Click here to download circuit diagrams that I have collected and annotated for you. (Note: the files I am sending you are multiple page and may take some time to download depending on your connection speed.. please be patient. You will need to have the Free Adobe Reader installed on your PC to read these documents. Most PCs have this installed already. If you have problems with this file, please reply and I'll send you the link for the Reader.)

(Note: the photo of the ENGINE CONTROL RELAY in that document was taken with the right fender removed. You don't have to take the fender off to access it...)

Click here to download an image of all your fuse panels. This is a 4 page document. You need to look at the ENGINE COMPARTMENT page. If you suspect the fuel pump relay you can either swap the horn relay with the fuel pump relay or you could apply power directly to the fuelpump test terminal. Please note: if the ENGINE CONTROL RELAY is not being turned on by the computer, the fuel pump relay will not work

Do you have an automatic transmission? Does your check engine light come on when you turn the key on ? If not, fuse 5 in the interior fuse panel may be blown. This will prevent the engine computer from "waking up" and turning on the Engine Control and Fuel Pump Relays. There is a tsb on the automatic model that deals with a problem in the wiring that blows the interior fuse block fuse#5 . Click here to download a copy of this tsb.

I hope this information is of assistance to you. Thank you for using JustAnswer.