Dave
Dave, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E Technician

my a/c,heater,defrost, vent all stopped working. No air is

Customer Question

my a/c,heater,defrost, vent all stopped working. No air is coming through at all even on high and low. It is 2005 Pontiac Vibe. can someone help me.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
WelcomeCustomer
I will research your problem and have an answer for you soon. You can hear the blower motor running? Just no air from the vents right ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what other information do you need?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it was working just fine this morning...then when I got back in the car and started it up no air was coming from the vents whatsoever I mean nothing....
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer
There are three areas that could be the cause of your problem.

A control assembly in the instrument panel allows the operator to control the blower speed, the mode of operation, the air inlet position, and the temperature of the air coming from the system.
Mode Control
The mode control determines the air flow to the desired air outlet. The mode control is mechanically connected by a cable to the mode door. The mode door position determines the air flow to the ventilation, bi-level, heat, heat/defrost, or defrost air outlets. When the heat/defrost or the defrost position is selected, the A/C system is engaged automatically by a switch located on the side of the heater case. The A/C indicator does not illuminate when this switch is closed.

Recirculation Control
The recirculation control determines the air intake through the recirculation actuator. When the recirculation switch is pressed, a signal is sent from the switch to the recirculation actuator through the recirculation signal circuit. When the actuator receives the signal, the actuator moves into the recirculation mode. This circulates air from inside the vehicle instead of fresh air from the outside. Recirculation is available in any mode and can be selected with the blower motor in either the ON or OFF position.

If you need more information please ask.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok, that isn't what I am saying basically I turned on my A/C and nothing is coming out of it whatsoever nothing...what do I do to fix it? my step father thinks it could just be the fust...I don't have the money to get this fixed....and how much is this going to run...I am having no air coming from the vents...nothing I have no A/C IN MY CAR
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer,
You mean the blower motor for the heater & AC does not run when you switch it on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I turn the A/C on I don't have anything coming from the vent whatsoever but I can hear the motor engaging though but no air is coming from the vent.
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
If you do indeed hear the blower motor running the problem would be in one of the 3 areas I listed earlier the dash control assembly, the mode control door cable or the recirculation actuator. This would most likely not be cause by a fuse.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how much does tht cost?
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
That would depend on what part of the country you live. Here in Missouri I would charge a diagnosis of $ 65.00 because some disassemble of the lower dash will be necessary.