GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Auto Service Tech
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2007 envoy: gmc..My battery keeps going flat from time to time, i

Customer Question

I have a gmc 2007 envoy with some recent problems. My battery keeps going flat from time to time, i took it to the dealer and they said it was ok, but its obviously not ok because it keeps happening. Please help me with wat i can do to fix the problem. No help from dealer and over miles for warranty anyway. thankyou.
Category: Car
Expert:  howk replied 8 years ago.
not a big fan of the ac delco batt. but take it to any other shop and they will test it for free most of the time and if nothing else get a new one so that you dont have to worry about it any more and if it is something draining your batt. they should be able to find it just tell them what is hapened
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 8 years ago.
I would first check to make sure there is nothing draining the battery. I have had no issues with delco batteries. Check all the reading light, small power inverters, satellite radios, that sort of thing. It is possible that there are signals around you house that are keeping the Remote control door lock receiver awake. Have you noticed anything pattern to the battery going dead? Please ask if you need more information.